Picture by: Allie A La Carte for La Cocina No Muerde
Servings: 2-4 | Prep/Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 Fermin Iberico Blod Sausage
15 oz. cooked chickpeas
1-2 Piquillo peppers, small diced
1/2 red onion, julianne sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp fresh parsley
1-2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a pan on med heat oil, cook the blood sausage for 3 minutes and then set aside.
- Using the same pan and the remaining fat on it, increase the temperature to med-high and sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and sauté for 30 segundos.
- Add the chickpeas, the olive oil and increase the temperature to high. “Fry them” for 3-5 min.
- Add the piquillo pepper, the blood sausage, stir and serve.
- Finish with the parsley and micro greens (optional).
You will fall in love with this recipe that can be part of your brunch, lunch or dinner. An egg on top will work too.